Facilities Custodian - Mountain Park Racquet & Fitness Club
3 Botticelli St, Lake Oswego, OR 97035, USA
Type of Job
About the job
Keep property in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sweep, mop, and vacuum hallways, common spaces, and offices. Remove all trash and debris.
• Ensure specified supplies/items are fully stocked and in acceptable condition.
• Maintain proper inventory levels and order supplies as needed. Keep storage areas neat and organized.
• Perform specified pool/spa maintenance and cleaning if applicable.
• Maintain, clean, and inspect patio and picnic area furniture; report items in need of repair.
• Notify management concerning need for major repairs or any potential safety hazards.
• Clear snow and ice from sidewalks.
• Control yellow jackets and other pests and insects.
• Assist supervisor and other departments with special maintenance projects as requested.
• Greet all guests encountered in warm, friendly, and professional manner.
• Keep work area neat and organized.
• Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
• Maintain a safe working environment and immediately report all unsafe conditions.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
• Comply with all policies and procedures set forth by the Employee Handbook.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.