Maintenance Supervisor - Red Lion Inn & Suites - Deschutes River Bend
15 NE Butler Market Rd, Bend, OR 97701
Type of Job
About the job
Supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings and grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• In coordination with appropriate people, establish priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate department resources to ensure successful completion of projects.
• Manage engineering department staff including appropriate staffing levels, hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, motivating, and terminating with support of supervisor, General Manager, and HR.
• Train engineering team members on proper techniques and behaviors.
• Adhere to department budget while submitting appropriate requests for materials, equipment, and other resources.
• Ensure maintenance and repair of property equipment and systems related to HVAC, refrigeration, irrigation, plumbing, electrical, food and beverage, pools, laundry, etc.
• Perform general maintenance and repairs such as painting; replacing light bulbs and filters; fixing switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, and hardware; caulking; grouting; and other miscellaneous repairs.
• Paint interior and exterior walls and trim.
• Repair or mark potential safety hazards in parking lot and on sidewalks and pathways.
• Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance to manufacturers' specifications.
• Inspect all systems on a daily basis; make adjustments as needed.
• Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment.
• Ensure other departments receive assistance as needed.
• Greet all guests encountered in warm, friendly, and professional manner.
• Willing and able to work varying hours to include responding to afterhours calls and handling urgent matters as needed.
• Keep work area neat and organized.
• Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
• Maintain a safe working environment and immediately report all unsafe conditions.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
• Comply with all policies and procedures set forth by the Employee Handbook.
Directly supervise 1-5 employees in the Engineering Department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Team Leadership - Fosters team cooperation; defines team roles and responsibilities; supports group problem solving; ensures progress toward goals; acknowledges team accomplishments.
• Managing People - Makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; fosters quality focus in others; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience – Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills – To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.