Maintenance Technician- Red Lion Inn & Suites Deschutes River Bend
15 NE Butler Market Rd, Bend, OR 97701, USA
Type of Job
About the job
Maintain and repair physical structures of buildings and grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
• Maintain and repair property equipment and systems related to HVAC, refrigeration, irrigation, plumbing, electrical, food and beverage, pools, laundry, etc.
• Perform general maintenance and repairs such as painting; replacing light bulbs and filters; fixing switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, and hardware; caulking; grouting; and other miscellaneous repairs.
• Paint interior and exterior walls and trim.
• Repair or mark potential safety hazards in parking lot and on sidewalks and pathways.
• Perform scheduled and preventative maintenance to manufacturers' specifications.
• Inspect all systems on a daily basis; make adjustments as needed.
• Use snow removal equipment or supplies to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
• Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment.
• Communicate supply needs and job status to appropriate supervisor in a timely manner.
• Assist other departments with moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies as needed.
• Greet all guests encountered in warm, friendly, and professional manner.
• Willing and able to work varying hours to include responding to afterhours calls and handling urgent matters as needed.
• Keep work area neat and organized.
• Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
• Maintain a safe working environment and immediately report all unsafe conditions.
• Maintain a good working relationship with all departments.
• Comply with all policies and procedures set forth by the Employee Handbook.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.